My older brother created this slideshow for a very special purpose - to be played at the Hawker funeral home in remembrance of one very dear to each of us.
Thursday, November 17, 2011, at 4:37pm, the world lost the most amazing man I know: my protector from the monsters under the bed, my shoulder to cry on when my heart was breaking, my gps when I would get lost, my mentor, my friend, my father.
Two weeks and one day later, we gathered as family and friends in Blackfoot, Idaho, to celebrate his life, and resolve once again to live according to the principles he so diligently taught us and showed us. To live our lives with love. I hope I make him proud.
I love my daddy with all my heart. He led his life with greatness, leaving a marvelous legacy in the lives of his children. I know that he is still taking care of me, and I will see him again, for our family is sealed together for eternity.
Oh Emma, I'm so, so sorry about the loss of your father. I lost my Dad 4 years ago and I can certainly relate. Praying for you and your family...
ReplyDeleteEmma, I argued with your dad a lot on facebook. I did so because I have experienced what it is to be very poor, very yelled at, fight diseases and be blamed. I think your dad was very protective, stubborn, and charming in his own way. I deal with my own demons, alcoholics, yada, yada...I forgave him simply because I didn't know his past, and wasn't born to believe there was any difference between the poor and the needy, the rich, the very rich, the sick, the dying...I still believe there is no difference. You gave him love in this life, and that is what he needed. He was honored to have you as his daughter. I hope that you and I will always be friends, even if we don't see everything as one heart. I hurt with you.
ReplyDelete