I almost missed March!! er....posting in March. Gotta love the last minute :)
All I have to say for March is...when it rains, it pours. And I'm not just talking about the weather.
I hope you were not thinking this would be about basketball!
I did not go anywhere that I can report. No trips to the district. Oh wait, I lied. I did go to the district last week Thursday. I guess it was a night I wanted to forget. Although, it was kind of enjoyable. The Kennedy Center has "performing arts for everyone" that takes place on the Millennium Stage. I had the day off, and wanted something to do (although there was institute) and wanted male companionship for whatever innocent activity I decided on, which was already chosen to be to attend the play(s) taking place on the Millennium Stage. That night it was Chantilly High School performing their one-act version of The Taming of the Shrew and Variations On a Theme (which was disappointing because they were supposed to be doing 15 Reasons Not to do a Play).
So, on that rainy Thursday evening at 6 p.m. when the play was starting, I was waiting at the metro station for my male friend. I didn't mind, as I had Emerson's Essays to keep me company. The theater troop did a good job on a small stage. And I realized once more that I am just spoiled when it comes to theater and other fine arts because of where I grew up. I expect everything to be at least as good as we were....but we were among the best because of the town's competition (i.e. one of the best fine arts university's in the nation).
Okay, I'm done talking. I mean typing. And I don't feel like putting pictures up.
No comments:
Post a Comment