
I have had some fun adventures as of late. I ran away to San Fransisco for my birthday, which I will have to tell you all about later (you might have to remind me). I will say this much about it though, I loved going and seeing my old roommate and celebrating with her! I had a blast :) And it's good to be missed sometimes.
Last weekend I went shooting, because you know a birthday isn't really just one day. You should celebrate for the entire month! It's been about 3 years since I've been shooting. An old classmate (and dear friend) of mine took me to a local shooting range to celebrate both of our birthdays; her birthday was about a week and a half before my own. I didn't miss the picture target completely in the beginning, but I definitely wasn't doing well either! By the time our last target was up though, I was shooting 10's (which was the best on that particular target). I really should go more often.Last night, I joined one of my roommates at a house concert for Ian Axel. I decided like his music. He's a bit quirky, which makes it much more fun to see him live. All around, it was a fun night with soup and fortune cookies (who knew that you could have a blueberry flavored fortune cookie?!) and friends and no pressure. I loved it.
You know how music just strikes a chord with you sometimes? And I really didn't intend to make a pun. You do know what I'm talking about right? We all know that different music affects us in different ways. And sometimes, a song says exactly what you've been thinking or feeling and when you can't quite explain what you're going through you can just say "It's like that song we heard that goes like..." (or you just break out singing like I sometimes do). Well, the music Ian and his friends Chad and Mike performed was like that for me a little bit.
There's been a lot of things in my life recently that has caused me to be emotional. Not that all of those things, taken one at a time, would have that result but when they are all happening at the same time....it makes me probably more emotional than just one of them would. There is, however, only one that people know about and that is Joe. Just my luck to find someone who I believe (and until that fateful night he had me and everyone else think he believed) was so compatible with me, perfect for me as some have said, and he not be ready and/or willing to keep going in our relationship. So he broke my heart...well, beat it up pretty bad at least.
I'm finally at the point where I can let him go, let the relationship go. I've tried to start when it happened and tried so hard to be strong, but I failed miserably. And I'm sure it will take some time to be able to say 'yes, I'm completely done.' But one day at a time. It's a battle of sorts. And a song I heard last night beautifully portrayed that struggle...
There is a girl who has been trying to get me and this other guy (who's practically my brother) to date arguing that we are 'perfect for each other and there is no better match' when in reality we should not ever date (not that he's not an awesome guy...we'd just kill each other!) It's almost as though she sees me as being competition. Here's the thing though: It's only been less than 2 months since I got out of a relationship with a guy to whom I gave my heart. And although I am trying to 'get out there' and move forward and move on, a heart doesn't recover so quickly. There are some wonderful guys that I know, some handsome guys that I know. But they do have a high standard now to meet, set first by Brandon (a guy from college) and now by Joe (who made me feel like I was amazing and beautiful and wonderful, and didn't just tell me that). But he's seemingly already moved on. And the more I learn about this new girl he is interested in, the more similarities I find between her and me. It's quite weird actually. And it sometimes makes it hurt all over again.
Joe has his own decisions to make. A small part of me says to him 'yes Joe, go for [not going say] and then you might just see what you walked away from.' But the more part of me truly wants him to be happy. I've always wanted him to be happy. And I do miss him, mostly because he will sometimes come up to me like we're friends and the other times he will avoid me as though I had the plague and he would get it just by looking at me. When he does that, I get so frustrated!! Most people don't realize that, because I still try to be strong. But my roommates certainly do! I want him to be a part of my life because I want the thing I miss the most, his friendship. With his friendship came his goodness and being able to just talk to him and have a real conversation. And I still defend him, probably always will. He is still a good man, one of the most amazing men I know, but I do deserve better. Which brings me to another point: what I learned.
I learned something through this whole thing. I learned that the man I deserve doesn't exist. You may be laughing, or trying to say to me 'whatever, he does exist, you just haven't found him yet (or he hasn't found you).' But that is not true. The man I deserve doesn't exist. That is what a relationship is for. When you have someone you care about and you want things to work between the two of you, you see what they deserve and work to become that person. Currently, there is no man who knows me well enough to truly know what I deserve and is willing to work with me (not on their own but with me) to become that man I deserve. Therefore, he does not exist. He will one day though.
As I said before, there are other things that have caused emotions to surface (but you're not going to hear about them), and most of the time I do not cry over the Joe situation anymore. Been there, done that. Although, admittedly, I do still get sad sometimes at night when I can't sleep and feel the loneliness and heartache and sense of betrayal and break of trust. But when those feelings come, I get down on my knees and pray really hard until peace and comfort and love replace those negative feelings. That is the only way I can move forward. It's at those times that I imagine Heavenly Father sitting me down and telling me, "You'll be okay. I'm here."
No comments:
Post a Comment